Mission & Values Statements
It is the mission of the La Plata Police Department (LPPD) to provide a secure environment for all those who live, work, trade, and visit the Town of La Plata. This mission will be achieved by protecting life and property, reducing the opportunity for crime and disorder, enforcing the law, assisting victims and providing other police-related services as required by the community in a manner consistent with the values of a free society. LPPD embraces the historic tradition that the police are the public and the public are the police. We are committed to resolving problems collaboratively through a partnership between the department and our community.
- Respect: We believe that every individual deserves respect and dignity. We embrace this value by promoting equality and fairness in our dealings with each other and the community we serve.
- Professionalism: We believe in having the highest sense of commitment to the law enforcement profession. We embrace this value by continuously improving ourselves and creating an environment that promotes teamwork, innovation and constant self-evaluation.
- Honesty: We believe in truthfulness. We embrace this value by having a transparent relationship with each other and the community we serve.
- Service: We believe in providing quality service and protection to all members of the community. We embrace this value by being an efficient, competent, tempered and compassionate organization.
- Integrity: We believe integrity is the cornerstone of our profession and values. We embrace this value by pledging to hold ourselves to the highest legal, moral and ethical standards. We accept that our individual conduct, both on and off duty, must be beyond reproach.