La Plata's maps are a product of its Geographic Information System (GIS), a computer-based tool that combines the hardware, software and data for storing, displaying and analyzing information which has a geographic, or locational association.
- New - Zoning Map (PDF) - Official Zoning Map for the Town of La Plata was recently updated on May 11, 2021.
- Parcel Search Map - Allows you to look up property, search State Department of assessments and Taxation (SDAT) real property search information, Town Zoning and other needed information.
Open Data Portal
- Means of Acceptance.
- Downloading the Data;
- Using the Data, in full or in part;
- Authority to Accept.
- Means of Acceptance.
"Data" means any of the GIS data that is available for download through this site and includes any updates to that data. "Derivative Work" means a work that is based in any way or to any extent on the Data including without limitation any work that uses any of the Data in a modified form. "You" or "Your" refers to any individual or entity that seeks to use the Data
- Town's Intellectual Property Rights Not Affected
- Exclusion of Warranties
- The Data contains information and data compiled and processed by the Town and third parties. The Town makes no representation or warranty that the information contained in the Data is accurate, true or correct. In using the Data, you understand and agree that the information contained therein is subject to error, and cannot be relied upon without verification or site inspection.
- You understand and agree that your use of the Data is at your sole risk. The Data is made available on an "as is" and "as available" basis without any warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including without limitation implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Should there be an error, inaccuracy, or other defect in the Data, You assume the full cost of correcting any such error, inaccuracy or defect.
- Limitation of Liability and Indemnity
- In no event shall the Town be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or special damages (including without limitation, loss of use, time or data, inconvenience, commercial loss, lost profits or savings, or the cost of computer equipment and software), to the full extent that such may be disclaimed by law, or for any claim against You by any third party. In no event shall the Town be liable for any claim, including claims by third parties, for loss or damages arising from erroneous Data or information contained in the Data.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, You shall indemnify and save harmless the Town, Mayor and Council, from any claim, loss, damage, injury or liability of any kind, nature and description (including, without limitation, incidental and consequential damages, court costs, attorneys fees and costs of investigation), that arise directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Your use of the Data, including without limitation Your use of the Data in a Derivative Work. In addition to Your obligation to indemnify the Town, You specifically acknowledge and agree that You have an immediate and independent obligation to defend the Town from any claim which actually or potentially falls within this indemnification provision, even if the allegations are or may be groundless, false or fraudulent, which obligation arises at the time such claim is tendered to You by the Town and continues at all times thereafter.
- Acceptance of Other Conditions
For certain of the Data, there may be additional terms and conditions that are stated in the file containing such Data or on the page from which such Data is accessed. You understand and agree that You are bound by such additional terms and conditions.
- General Provisions
Revised January 10, 2019