The Town of La Plata Planning Department plans to:
- Maintain and improve the character of our residential and commercial communities by making them more livable, walkable, accessible and sustainable.
- Focus on customer service and development process.
- Balance infrastructure needs and growth as the Town's population increases.
- Provide planning analysis and recommendations that enable the best planning and development decisions.
The Planning Department Coordinates all of the development-related functions across the Town and oversees planning, development and permitting activities, as well as Code enforcement. The department also works to update and implement the Comprehensive Plan and Zoning Ordinance to ensure the Town's vision is achieved.
The Planning Department provides planning advice to the Mayor and Town Council, La Plata citizens, Planning Commission, Design Review Board, Board of Appeals, and Parks and Recreation Commission. The department staff helps to create communities that offer better choices for where and how people live. The Town of La Plata ordinances are for the protection and preservation of the town's property, rights and privileges; for the preservation of peace and good order; for securing persons and property from violence, danger or destruction; and for the protection and promotion of the health, safety, comfort, convenience, welfare and happiness of the residents of the town and visitors. Code Enforcement is responsible for protecting the public health, safety and welfare by enforcing the Town's Code.
- Building Permits and Inspections
- Development Review
- Long Range Planning
- Annual Reports
- Code Enforcement
La Plata's maps are a product of its Geographic Information System (GIS), a computer-based tool that combines hardware, software and data for storing, displaying and analyzing information which has a geographic, or locational, association.
- Parcel Search Map - Allows you to look up property, search State Department of Assessments and Taxation (SDAT) real property search information, Town Zoning and other needed information.
- Zoning Comparison Map - Compares the 2011 Zoning Map to the 2018 Zoning Map so you can see how or if your property's zoning has changed during the last zoning code update adopted in August 2018.
Open Data Portal
Boards & Commissions
- Board of Appeals
- Design Review Board
- Planning Commission